For more than half a decade it has delighted enthusiast drivers and casual fans alike. Whether you’re racing it or cruising in it, the Mustang is truly a staple of the nation’s car culture & guess what? Now it’s available with us Luxury Car Rental.
- On one hand, the (2018/model year) Mustang has even more performance, thanks to an updated 5.0-liter V8 that is even more powerful.
- On the other, it’s even more civilized, with options like an exhaust that can stay quiet when you start it early in the morning, and magnetorheological suspension that can be remarkably supple. Changes aside, this convertible still offers a power-folding soft top that lowers easily, seating (in a pinch) for four, and instantly recognizable pony car styling.
Because this Mustang is loaded up with every possible option, You might be wondering exactly what Ford was thinking when they decided to put a 2.3 liter 4 cylinder engine in a Mustang?
- Sure, we get it. A small engine with great fuel economy.
- Even with a vehicle weight of 3,532 lbs, this turbocharged inline-four, churns out an extremely surprising 310 horsepower, and even more surprising 320 lt-ft of torque.
Horsepower per liter
- This little Ford Mustang Ecoboost Ecotec engine is number one on Dearborn’s all-time list for horsepower per liter. Looking at the numbers, the new engine puts out 124 horsepower per liter. Imagine that!
Power to Weight Ratio
- The old standard for a really quick muscle car was 1 horsepower for every lb of car. The new 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost engine in this 3500 lb car works out to .94 horsepower per lb of engine, putting this new “economy Mustang” solidly into the performance car category.
Ecoboost – Ecotec Engine Technology
- The EcoBoost Mustang engine takes advantage of both, cutting edge and tried and true performance technologies. Direct injection provides a fine mist of atomized fuel directly into the cylinders for maximum efficiency from every ounce of fuel. This produces more horsepower and better mpg.
- Twin Independent variable camshaft timing helps to deliver a flatter torque curve and squeeze every ounce of performance from every rpm and load.
- The 2015 Mustang’s new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger reduces lag considerably for improved throttle response, lower emissions, and better efficiency.
- Of course, this being a Mustang engine, not some cool little econobox, Ford’s engineers knew that this motor would be used for shall we say “spirited driving” and had the good sense to build the little four-cylinder screamer with the same heavier duty features seen in the impressive 5.0 liter V8, including goodies like a forged steel crank, piston cooling jets, high performance hardened valve seat, forged steel rods and reinforced bearing caps.
Reserve your Ford Mustang Rental Today with us:
- We are proud to be offering a comprehensive luxury fleet of performance vehicles, at the lowest prices around. When you’re ready to book your Ford Mustang, give our prestige department Luxury Car Rental, a call 01111020111 and prepare for the vacation of a lifetime.