The new three-cylinder petrol engine with BMW Twin Power Turbo technology featured in the new BMW 218i Coupe
- Responsiveness, running smoothness and efficiency characterise the three- cylinder petrol engine featured in From a cubic capacity of 1.5 litres, the newly developed power unit delivers a maximum output of 100 kW/136 hp and a maximum torque of 220 Nm available at 1,250 rpm.
- The car’s BMW TwinPower Turbo technology comprises a supercharger that is integrated into the exhaust manifold, a further developed direct petrol injection system, the latest version of the variable valve control system VALVETRONIC and Double VANOS variable camshaft control. The new power unit is conventionally positioned lengthwise at the front under the bonnet. Its low weight benefits the well-balanced load distribution of almost 50:50 between the front and rear axle.
The new BMW 218i Coupe accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 8.8 seconds (automatic: 8.9 seconds). Top speed is 212 km/h in each case. The temperamental power delivery during acceleration is accompanied by a distinctively sporty engine sound.
- Furthermore, the character of the three- cylinder engine is marked by brand-typical running smoothness. In terms of vibration behaviour, the engine shows parallels to BMW’s straight six-cylinder power unit and features a forged steel roller-bearing supported balancer shaft in order to reduce vibration.
Likewise, a further developed transmission also contributes towards the outstanding efficiency of the new model variants. Equipped with the standard 6-speed manual transmission, the new BMW 218i Coupe has an average fuel consumption of 5.6 to 5.1 litres per 100 km (CO2 emission level: 130 to 118 grams per km).
- Having a kerb weight of 1350 kg, it achieves 49.6 mpg on average and can travel 458 miles before requiring a refill of its 42 litre capacity fuel tank. It comes with a choice of either a 6 speed manual gearbox or a 7 speed automatic gearbox. Luggage space is 430 litres, with a maximum payload capacity of 535 kg.
Intelligent four-wheel drive and latest diesel technology
this technology ensures not only optimised traction and vehicle stability in all road and weather conditions, but also increased dynamics when taking bends at higher speeds and optimal acceleration.
- The 140 kW/190 hp four-wheel drive model accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 6.8 seconds.
Bespoke elegance and dynamics: The new model variants Advantage, Sport Line, Luxury Line and M Sport.
Even the basic standard equipment in the BMW 2 Series Coupe offers the best prerequisites for premium-class driving pleasure and includes, inter alia, automatic climate control, the BMW Professional radio and the iDrive control system with a high-resolution 6.5-inch colour display, leather-wrapped steering wheel, hands-free device with USB interface, rain sensor and adjustable armrest.
- With their harmoniously matching design and equipment options they all bestow the BMW 2 Series Coupe with a targeted increase in functionality, comfort, sophisticated elegance and sportiness.
The model Advantage features in addition to the basic equipment multifunction buttons on the steering wheel, Cruise Control with braking function, Park Distance Control with sensors at the rear, a storage package and fog lamps.
- Also comprise exclusively designed 17-inch light alloy wheels, a light package and ambient light with variable colour change function as well as exclusively designed door sills, seat upholstery, interior trims and car key.
Moreover, the new model Luxury Line is recognisable by the Chrome Line exterior and the outer air intake surrounds, which, like the cross rib in the rear apron as well as the fronts of the eleven kidney grille bars and the exhaust tips, come in high-gloss chrome.
- Inside the car, Fineline Stream high-grade wood interior trims including an Oxide Silver accent strip, leather-wrapped sports steering wheel and Dakota leather trim in the colours Black, Terra or Oyster with accents in Dark Oyster as well as heated seats for driver and front seat passenger, all create an exceedingly exclusive ambience.
The model M Sport also comprises all equipment options found in the model Advantage, offering over and above that a multitude of additional features that not only foster but also optically enhance the intensive experience of driving the BMW 2 Series Coupe.
LUXURY CAR RENTAL KL CAN HELP YOU RENT A BMW 218i !
We have been helping clients rent high-end vehicles in destinations around Malaysia. We are proud to offer vehicles that are internationally renowned for their style, superior performance, and engineering excellence. Whether you are traveling for business or for pleasure, Luxury Car Rental Malaysia can help you book the car of your dreams! Contact us 24/7 at +60 11 1102 0111 or make your reservation online at https://legendarycarrental.com/